Speech Therapy Resources
Links verified 1/2/2016
- Facilitated Communication - "A form of alternative and augmentative communication (AAC) in which people with disabilities and communication impairments express themselves by pointing (e.g. at pictures, letters, or objects) and, more commonly, by typing (e.g. in a keyboard). The method involves a communication partner who may provide emotional encouragement, communication supports (e.g., monitoring to make sure the person looks at the keyboard and checks for typographical errors) and a variety of physical supports..."
- Online Phonetics Resources from Jennifer Smith - Audio, images, and interactive material, for introductory phonetics course.
- Speaking of Speech - An interactive forum for speech/language pathologists and teachers.
- Speech and Language Milestone Chart - These milestones are behaviors that emerge over time, forming the building blocks for growth and continued learning.
- Speechville - Knowledge about available resources to help children who have a communication impairment or disorder.
- Welcome to "Speechers Class"! - Click on a game and play it orally for speech practice.
a site for teachers | a PowerPoint show | Adobe Acrobat document | a Word document
sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print